The CB Davidson Scholarship at the University of Aberdeen offers limited financial assistance to postgraduate students, including both those pursuing taught and research programs within the Law School.
This scholarship is available for two main purposes: firstly, to provide financial support to law graduates from outside the UK who want to study at the University of Aberdeen; and secondly, to assist students and alumni of the University of Aberdeen who plan to undertake research abroad.
In addition to this scholarship, there are various other ongoing scholarship opportunities in countries across Europe, the United States, and Canada. You can explore some of these selected opportunities below.
- Host Country: United Kingdom
- Study Abroad: Study in the UK
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: £2,500
- Deadline: September 30, 2023
The University of Aberdeen, located in Aberdeen, Scotland, is a distinguished public research institution. This venerable university has a rich history, dating back to its founding in 1495. William Elphinstone, the Bishop of Aberdeen and Chancellor of Scotland, petitioned Pope Alexander VI on behalf of King James IV of Scotland to establish King’s College, making it the third-oldest university in Scotland and the fifth-oldest in the English-speaking world.
Aberdeen consistently earns its place among the top 160 universities globally and is ranked among the top 20 in various international rankings.
Applicants must satisfy one of the four criteria below in order to be eligible.
- You must have applied to study or currently study Law at either research (PhD/LLM by Research) or taught level (LLM) at the University of Aberdeen – Form 1.
- You must be a current student of the University of Aberdeen studying Law at either research (PhD/LLM by Research) or taught level (LLM) and propose to study abroad – Form 2
- You must be a member of staff from non-UK higher education institution proposing to lecture at the University of Aberdeen – Form 3.
- You must be a member of staff of the University of Aberdeen wishing to study foreign law or legal practice and who has exhausted the possibility of funding from (a) external bodies and (b) Departmental funds. – Form 4
Please note that online programmes are excluded from the remit of the Trust.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- UP TO £2,500 scholarship is available.
Method of Application
There are 4 (four) forms available. Applicants must submit the form corresponding to their eligibility.
Applications will not be considered unless submitted with a Curriculum Vitae (CV), two references and an academic transcript. Students already registered at Aberdeen must include at least one reference from academic staff at the University of Aberdeen. Please make sure that you submit the relevant application form together with all necessary documents before the deadline.
For further information please see the information sheet below.
Please ensure that you read the information document before applying.
Completed application forms and documents should be returned to: PGT Support Team, School of Law, Taylor Building, D49B, Aberdeen, AB24 3UB or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
There are 4 (four) forms available. Applicants must submit the form corresponding to their eligibility (see above).
Please ensure the correct form is completed.
Deadline: September 30, 2023
Click here to APPLY