The KAAD Scholarship Program, sponsored by the German Catholic organization, is designed for exceptional candidates seeking to pursue master’s or Ph.D. degree programs in Germany. This scholarship offers full financial support and is known for its intense competition.
The program operates in collaboration with partner committees and associations of former scholars from various countries. Its objectives include the establishment of scientific networks and the promotion of comprehensive development, encompassing religious and inter-religious dimensions.
Host Country: Germany
Study Abroad: Study in Europe
Eligible Countries: All Countries
Reward: Full Scholarship
Deadline: Not Specified
KAAD is the scholarship institution of the German Catholic Church for post-graduate students and scientists from (developing) countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Near and Middle East, as well as Eastern and Southeastern Europe.
KAAD expects the following from the prospective candidates:
Above-average performance in studies and research
The orientation of your studies or research towards permanent reintegration in your home region (otherwise the scholarship is turned into a loan),
Religious and social commitment (activities) and willingness to inter-religious dialogue.
KAAD supports its scholars in the form of scholarships and educational programs and offers spiritual and personal assistance in view of future multiplying functions students will have in their home countries.
To be eligible for KAAD International Scholarship, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must come from a developing or emerging country in Africa, Asia, the Middle East or Latin America and are currently living there
- Applicants must have a university degree and professional experience from your home country
- want to acquire a master’s degree or a PhD at a German university or do a post-doctoral research project (2-6 months for established university lecturers) at a German university
- Are a Catholic Christian (or general belong to a Christian denomination). Candidates from other religions can apply if they are proposed by Catholic partners and can prove their commitment to interreligious dialogue
- Applicants must possess German language skills before starting the studies (KAAD can provide a language course of max. 6 months in Germany).
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Full Scholarship
Method of Application
Applications are submitted online through the online application portal. Please follow the instructions on the page to fill out and submit the form as appropriate.
KAAD is working with focus- and partner countries in your region. There are so-called Partner Committees in these countries and applications are channelled via them. Applications from other countries can be considered only in exceptional cases.