The Justus & Louise van Effen Excellence Scholarships are open to international applicants, aiming to encourage outstanding MSc students from around the world and provide financial support for their desire to pursue studies at TU Delft.
At the core of the oldest and largest technical university in the Netherlands lies a commitment to top-notch education and cutting-edge research. With 8 faculties offering 16 bachelor’s and over 30 master’s programs, TU Delft’s community of over 25,000 students and 6,000 employees shares a passion for science, design, and technology. Their collective mission: creating an impact for a better society.
- Host Country: Netherlands
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship
- Deadline: December 1, 2023.
Justus & Louise Van Effen Excellence Scholarships are financed by the legacy of Justus and Louise van Effen. Mr. van Effen studied at TU Delft in the 1940s and strongly believed technological developments will contribute to solving societal issues.
To be considered for the Justus & Louise van Effen Excellence Scholarships, you must:
- Have an excellent international applicant (conditionally) admitted to one of the 2-year regular TU Delft MSc programmes (not a Joint Education Programme).
- have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 80 percent or higher of the scale maximum.
- have a bachelor degree from an internationally renowned university outside of The Netherlands.
- have submitted a complete MSc application before the scholarship deadline.
Click here for more scholarship updates
Scholarship Duration and Reward
The scholarship include full tuition fees per year for a TU Delft MSc programme based on the statutory fee or institutional rate, according to the registered nationality, AND contribution for the living expenses.
To apply, candidates must submit the following together with the MSc Application:
1. Complete your MSc application (check the admission requirements)
2. Upload the Scholarship Application Form
3. Upload two reference letters
- You can upload your reference letters during your MSc application (as one PDF document), according to the indicated requirement.
- You can request the reference letters from your referee(s). Fill out the information about your referee/s and invite them by using the ‘send invitation button’. The referee(s) will receive an automatic email inviting him/her to upload a reference for you.
- You can combine both procedures. E.g. 1 upload and 1 referee request.
- Reference letters will not be considered if you have already submitted your application.
- Reference letters will not be accepted after the Scholarship deadline.
4. Upload the English language certificate
Please note that Non-EU/EFTA students must include their English test with their application (if required).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should use the “CLICK HERE TO APPLY” button below and ensure that all documents required for the scholarship are submitted together with the MSc Application. After submission, no additional documents can be uploaded.