KAC Global Tobacco Harm Reduction Scholarship Program is the jewel in the crown for Knowledge Action Change (KAC).
Since its inception in 2018, the program has left an indelible mark worldwide, with scholars from six continents successfully executing diverse projects.
Our efforts have cultivated a robust network of advocates, spreading awareness of tobacco harm reduction globally. This report chronicles our achievements throughout the inaugural year of the three-year program.
- Host: Knowledge Action Change Inc (Europe)
- Category: Undergraduate Scholarships | Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships | Fellowships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: $12,000 Project Stipend | Travel Allowance
- No IELTS Required
- Deadline: November 30, 2023
Building on the successes of previous scholarship programmes, Knowledge Action Change (KAC) is pleased to announce the launch of the 7th K•A•C Global Tobacco Harm Reduction Scholarship Program.
Indicative examples of the types of project proposals that the scheme would like to receive:
- Scoping research on THR priorities in a country
- Designing a research project on the nature or use of THR products
- Improving the applicant’s understanding of science and science skills by links with, or placement within, a research team or THR organisation
- Designing and initiating an intervention project to enhance public and/or professional understanding of THR and related projects
- Forming an organisation to take forward research on THR
- Developing a THR intervention project within a health and social care setting
- Making and disseminating a film(s) or other media containing credible and accurate information about THR
- Organising workshops and training events on THR
- Developing science communication skills related to THR
- Writing a research paper or other material for academic publication on THR
- Establishing a website and/or other media resources to improve understanding of THR
- Examining how poorer countries might overcome challenges presented by ‘high tech’ THR initiatives.
The scholarship programme prioritises applications from low, and middle-income countries.
We welcome applications from any potential scholars with an interest in THR. This includes:
- People intending to enter into the field of research into THR and/or public health
- Harm reduction professionals
- Postgraduate students
- Researchers and scientists
- Medical professionals
- Internet and social media professionals
- Film makers and other audio-visual professionals.
Scholarship Duration and Reward:
Scholars can expect considerable input. This includes:
- Assistance in honing your proposal post-submission
- A stipend of $12,000 to undertake the project
- Travel to and from Warsaw to attend the Global Forum on Nicotine (GFN) (read programme highlights)
- An online course in the theory and practice of THR
- Accommodation for the whole period of GFN, including additional days for scholars
- Per diems for the duration of GFN
- Enrolment onto the Mentoring scheme, with a named expert mentor (read programme highlights)
- Ongoing support from the Scholarship Programme Manager
- Assistance with problem solving – both practical and academic
- The opportunity to return to Warsaw in 2025 to share your findings, either as a poster display, as a speaker, or as an enhanced scholar.
WHAT SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS CAN EXPECT?
- Attendance at Global Forum on Nicotine (GFN) 2024 in Warsaw, Poland
- The opportunity to hear the experiences of previous scholars
- Support in identifying ‘next steps’ in a possible career in the field of THR
- A bespoke scholar’s programme
- Expert mentoring and support throughout the scholarship programme
- The possibility of showing the outcome of your project at GFN or similar event in 2025
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should apply using the link below;
Once you are logged in:
- Complete your profile (nationality, contact details, etc).
- Complete the THR-101 mini-course & quiz (at least 70% required)
- Submit your proposal
The submission system will auto-save your progress, so you can safely prepare your submission over the course of several days.
Deadline: November 30, 2023