The Berea College Scholarships for International Students offer comprehensive financial coverage for the first year of enrollment, including tuition, accommodation, meals, and associated fees.
As one of Kentucky’s esteemed institutions, Berea College merges academic excellence with a vibrant and inclusive learning environment. We actively promote student exploration, fostering unforgettable experiences throughout their four-year journey.
This includes opportunities such as international study programs, paid internships, and diverse labor positions that enable students to delve into their varied interests.
- Host Country: United States of America (USA)
- Study Abroad: Study in USA
- Category: Undergraduate Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship
- Deadline: January 15, 2024
We’re looking for students with grit, determination, and financial need. Students ready to take on a rigorous, top-ranked liberal arts education and turn it into a rewarding career. Students are willing to work, to grow, and to expand their horizons through diversity. And students who want to join a community of support that is invested in their success.
Prospective students are required to satisfy the admission criteria of their respective country’s universities and provide exceptional results from their secondary or leaving examinations.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
The scholarship offers:
- tuition, room, board, and fees
The following items are required to complete an application for admission. All materials should be submitted via the online application portal.
1. Apply for Free Online: Complete the Berea College Application for Admission for International Students. There is no application fee.
2. Personal Essay: The essay should be 2-5 pages. As this essay may be used to assist in course placement, students should receive no assistance in writing or editing the essay.
The essay should address the following points: 1. An overview of your educational and life experiences; 2. What you plan to do after completing your education; 3. Why you wish to return (or not return) to your home country; 4. Description of ways you have positively impacted your community. Because the content of the essay is an important part of evaluating a student for admission, it is to your advantage to add detail.
The essay may be uploaded to your application portal once you have submitted the online application above.
3. Copy of official secondary school records: These documents may include leaving exam results, A-Level results, O-Level results, National Higher Diploma results, or West African Examination results. Please provide academic records that demonstrate you have completed all secondary school requirements for your home country. Academic records should be translated into English and the copies certified by school officials.
4. One Teacher Recommendation Form: Whenever possible, you should request that person writing a recommendation on your behalf submit the official form provided via the online application portal. You may also download the form here and upload the completed form to your online application portal. We will accept written recommendations, preferably typed, which are not completed using our official form. All recommendations should be written in English.
5. Financial Resource Recommendation Form: This form should be completed by a school administrator, employer, religious leader, or another individual who can make a statement about your personal and financial resources, as well as barriers, as they relate to your pursuit of higher education. This form may NOT be completed by a close relative. The Financial Resource Recommendation Form should be written in English.
6. Official Test Scores: All international applicants must submit a report from one of the following exams: IELTS, Duolingo, TOEFL, SAT or ACT. This requirement includes students from English-speaking countries. You must provide a copy of your test report as part of your online application, even if you have requested an official copy be sent to Berea from the testing center. International applicants may NOT apply test-optional.
Minimum Required Test Scores
ACT: 19 (Berea’s School Code 1492)
SAT: 980 (Berea’s School Code 1060)
TOEFL (Berea’s School Code 1060)
— iBT: 68
— PBT: 520
— ITB: Not Accepted
IELTS: 6.0 (Must have a minimum of 5 in all subscores)
7. International Financial Questionaire: All applicants must submit the questionnaire via their online application portal. We will not accept the CSS Profile or ISFSAA in lieu of the Berea College form.