The Plateau Governorship Election Petitions Tribunal on Friday upheld the election victory of Caleb Mutfwang.
It dismissed the petition of the All Progressives Congress against Mutfwang of the Peoples Democratic Party.
The Tribunal held that the PDP held valid congress in the state.
The tribunal also held that the issue of nomination and sponsorship of a candidate is a solely pre-election matter.
- IGP Orders Probe Into Alleged Assault On NLC President
- Unity Bank Records N38.2b Gross Earnings in Q3’23
- France To Return Another $150m Abacha Loot
- Court Jails 41 Internet Fraudsters in Oyo, Ogun
- Alleged N4.8bn Fraud : Court Issues Bench Warrant for Arrest of Cletus Ibeto
NAN reports that the APC and its candidate, Nentawe Yilwatda, challenged the declaration of Mutfwang as the winner of the March 18, 2023 poll by the Independent National Electoral Commission.
On March 20, 2023, the INEC Returning Officer in the state, Prof. Idris Amali, announced Mutfwang as the winner of the poll having scored 525,299 votes, while Yilwatda polled 481,370 votes.
According to the results, the PDP won in 10 local government areas: including Barkin Ladi, Bassa, Lantang North, Langtang South, Riyom, Mikang, Mangu, Jos East, Qua’an Pan and Pokkos.